We’re approaching winter.
The leaves are slowly turning their autumn colours and there is already a slight chill in the air.
I don’t mind winter too much, but since I’m on immune suppressed medicine most of the time for my Crohn’s that means I easily pick up any available bug.
I’ve never had so many colds & flu occurrences in my life.
But something has to change.
I can’t take immune booster supplements as they will work against my Humira medication so I can only take vitamins & minerals and look at what I’m eating and drinking. I also feel too vulnerable to take a flu vaccine while on Humira but then again I was never a fan of flu vaccines.
Found a nice article which gave me some motivation and a plan to get myself in gear and do the preparation that I need to do in order to keep my body strong and as healthy as possible this winter.
My Pre-winter Boost plan so far:
- Try eat lots of veggies and fruit
- Try juicing and/or smoothies
- Drink honey, lemon & slice of ginger in hot water if I feel I need a boost
- Get ingredients for ‘the real flu shot’ as in article
- Vitamin D (I now take 2000 iU units a day)
- Zinc (I take in evenings as it can interfere with iron)
- Iron (take in mornings)
- Vit C – 1000mg dose a day
- Vit B complex supplement
- Vit B12 injection (always have taken these)
- Use disinfectant spray on my hands when at work or public places.
I’m going to try track what I take and do and hopefully I will notice whether this has made a difference.